It’s That Time of Year Again! It Would Not Be New Years Without Black Eyed Peas To Bring Good Luck All Year ! My Texas Caviar Recipe is the Most Delicious Way to Enjoy Them!
Texas Caviar Recipe
The best thing about Texas Caviar is that even people who do not like Black eyed Peas (my Husband), loves Texas Caviar. With It’s spicy- as- you- like ability, just add all the Jalapeño you like! Go on…..a little more! LOL ! I love it spicy. (You know who, not so much!)
If you find that you love this...and I am sure that you will, go try my Coctel de Camarones ! (Mexican Shrimp cocktail) HERE
- 1 Can Black Eyed Peas (drained/rinsed)
- ½ can Petite Diced tomatoes (drained). I like the Chipotle flavored variety.
- 1 medium Jalapeno seeded and minced. ( I like to check the heat of Jalapeño first. if hot I start with half, finish recipe and add more to taste.
- ½ small white onion diced
- 3-4 stalks green onion sliced.
- ½ Yellow Bell pepper, seeded and small diced.
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- 3 Tbsp. red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil.
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. ground Black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp. cumin
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl, add more salt, jalapeño as per your taste, refrigerate covered at least a couple hours. Serve with your fave Tortilla Chips !