Think about this………It’s been a long hot summer day….you’ve spent it running the kids around in the heat…….sat through a long hot baseball practice………It’s time to get supper but the thought of turning on the oven or the stove just makes you hotter and more tired…but wait! You had made ahead a large container of delicious, tangy, crunchy, cooling….Shrimp Gazpacho!
Do I hear a sigh of relief ????? All you have to do is serve it up in bowls and open a pack of saltines! You have your healthy, low fat protein and veggies in the same, pre made dish! One the whole family is going to love! Who doesn’t love Shrimp?
You can grab a glass of your fave Chardonnay and put your feet up under the AC !
Doesn’t This Look Scrumptious?
If you’re anything like me, I do not love to cook in the summer! I also can’t always count on “round to-it” (term of affection for hubby) to grill ! So having an arsenal of cold, delicious, make ahead summer suppers is imperative to my mental (and everyone else’s LOL!) state !
Not only is this the best Shrimp Gazpacho you have ever eaten, it is a triple winner because you 1) make it ahead and chill it for several days! 2) It’s cold, so it is so refreshing on a long hot day! 3) It has all of what you need in a meal, protein, veggies, and healthy carbs!
Sparkling Summer Shrimp Gazpacho Recipe
- 5 cups V-8 Juice
- 1 Pound med or large Shrimp deveined, shelled. (i find buying shrimp deveined , in the shell and boiling it, more flavorful than previously shelled shrimp.)
- 2 Tbsp. Tabasco
- 2 large Limes, softened, juiced
- 1 med/large red onion, chopped
- 1 Cucumber, Chopped
- 2 Med Tomatoes, Chopped
- 2 Large Avocados, Chopped
- 1 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1+ ½ Cup Orange Crush Soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Place shell on - deveined Shrimp, into a pot, cover with water and sprinkle a generous amount of Old Bay seasoning into the water.
- Boil till firm but not over done.
- Drain, rinse in cold water, Toss into a bowl with some ice and refrigerate.
- while the Shrimp cools dice all the veggie ingredients into a large bowl, including the Cilantro
- Add the V-8
- Add Orange Crush, Tabasco, Lime juice, salt and Pepper
- Remove the Shrimp from fridge, Peel and toss into bowl with other ingredients.
- Taste and add salt as needed.
- Refrigerate a couple of hours to two days in a sealed container
- serve with saltines!
After you’ve had a bowl of this…….
Come on back for this………..COCKTAILS DE CAMERONES , Another fabulous Summer Meal!
I really truly know that you are going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Sparkling Summer Shrimp Gazpacho !
Come back and let me know how your family loved it!
See ya soon!