Delicious Chicken Bacon Avocado Sandwich
Summer is coming to an end however I had to be sure and share a favorite Summer recipe with you before we get to the soups and stews! This Delicious Chicken Bacon Avocado Ranch Sandwich was an accidental throw together one hot evening early one June. My husband had taken out a very large breast of chicken to defrost. Along comes dinner time and I had not made any plans as to what to do with the Chicken Breast. Hubby was not offering up any ideas himself. Well, there was the “Chicken Taco” idea but that is his idea every night for dinner so……
I noticed that we had some Hamburger Buns left over. I am always throwing away Hamburger Buns. We never get them used up before they go moldy with only the two of us home. Yes, I am aware that you can freeze them but I detest frozen then defrosted bread. It’s mushy. Thinking this was a great excuse to use them, I grabbed the buns. It was dumb luck that I also had bacon, gouda, avocado on hand as well as a nice sandwich tomato and fresh lettuce. This was amazing because while I always have some combo of these ingredients on hand, invariably one or two will always be past it’s usability!
As luck would have it, we also had Buttermilk! I had hubby whip up some fresh made Ranch from a Hidden Valley Packet. There is no better ranch than fresh made. Fresh beats the heck out of the Ranch in the plastic bottles! I try to keep a packet on hand at all times!
I had hubby whip up the Ranch Dressing so it could chill while I pounded out the Chicken Breast. Then I seasoned it with Salt and Pepper and threw it in a saute’ skillet to brown. But hey ! Why am I telling you about it when It’s more fun to watch the video.
This Delicious Chicken Bacon Avocado Ranch Sandwich is excellent served with a side of my Amazing Apple Slaw !
Now for the recipe
- single packet of Hidden valley ranch buttermilk salad dressing
- mayonaise, 1 cup
- buttermilk , 1 cup
- one large fresh chicken breast around ¾ pound
- 2 slices Gouda cheese
- lettuce leaves, 2
- avocado, 1 whole sliced
- tomato, 2 thick slices
- bacon, microwave type, one serving which has 4 slices per individual package.
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. light olive oil
- hamburger buns or ciabatta rolls
- prepare the hidden valley ranch packet according to directions using the one cup of mayo and one cup of buttermilk and refrigerate preferably an hour or so.
- clean and trim chicken breast. place between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound evenly to ½ or ¾ inch.
- salt and pepper both sides of chicken breats.
- place a tablespoon or so of olive oil in skillet to heat over medium high to medium heat.
- place chicken breast in hot skillet and saute' till lovely brown, turn and saute' the other side till breast is done and lightly brown.
- I place a lid over skillet soit is a bit off center. this allows the heat to cook the chicken without over browning and lets the moisture out to prevent a soggy breast
- while the chicken is cooking place the bacon packet in microwave and heat at 1 minute to 30 second intervals till done to crisp tender.
- when breast is done, i cut it in half and place a slice of Gouda cheese over each half to melt.
- toast you bun lightly in toaster using the bagel setting.
- fan half of the avocado slices over the bottom bun
- place chicken with melted cheese on top of avocado
- top cheese with 2 slices microwave bacon
- top bacon with nice slice of tomato
- salt and pepper tomato
- top tomato with lettuce
- drizzle all with ranch dressing
- add top bun
- serve with a side of my Amazing Apple Slaw!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you let me know in the comments below what you think of both the Apple Slaw and the Chicken Bacon Avocado Ranch Sandwich!