Amazing 5 Ingredient Apple Slaw Recipe
Hi ! I hope all is well with you! I am sitting here drenched from the humidity that comes with Summer’s hot weather mixed with intermittent rain , all the while wishing I had something cool for supper, when I was reminded of my Apple Slaw Recipe ! It is amazingly good and even the kids are going to love it!
It has kid loving Granny Smith Apples and plump Cranberries with a lightly sweet dressing, however you can switch the Cranberries for Raisins if that would go over better for your Family. Top that off with honey glazed Walnuts or Pecans and a pre made Cole Slaw Dressing and you have a win! win!
How easy is it Jeannee ?
It is super easy and fast to make with less than 5 ingredients! All ingredients but the Apples are pre packaged so it is a major time saver!
The Slaw is a pre packaged bag, pre cleaned from the produce department. I get the Fresh Gourmet Honey Roasted Pecans on a display right in front of the bagged greens. They also have glazed Walnuts that you can use instead of the Pecans or you can grab one bag of mixed Walnut/cranberry instead of one each of the nuts and Cranberry. It is less expensive but just a little shy of the amounts of each I like to use. Buying individual bags also let you change it up and trade out Cranberries for Raisins or Walnuts for Pecans!
It takes all of about 5 minutes to prepare. Dicing the Apples being the only real task to preparation. Just toss all ingredients into a bowl along with a pinch of salt… mix, chill, serve. !
Make it a meal!
If you want to make it a meal add a bag of Tyson or Pilgrims Pride Pre Grilled Chicken strips from the Freezer section to your Amazing Apple Slaw!
- 12-14 oz. bag pre prepared Cole Slaw Mix
- 1 cup Marzetti's Brand Simply dressed Cole Slaw dressing
- ½ Cup Fresh Gourmet Honey Roasted Pecans
- ½ cup Dried Cranberries such as Ocean Spray reduced Sugar Craisins
- 1 large or 2 small Granny Smith Apples diced
- good pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, mix, chill and serve!
- Add a bag of pre Grilled cooked Tyson or Pilgrims Pride Chicken Strips from the freezer section to make it a meal !